Descargue el libro Telecapacitados en versión digital
Tipo de archivo: PDF.
Tamaño: 6.81 MB.
Descargue la Resolución 1421/09
Tipo de archivo: PDF.
Tamaño: 218 KB.
Lea el resumen de la investigación
Analyze the social and labor situation and the profile of people with disabilities in nine Latin American countries in order to find out whether ITC training and teleworking are an alternative for their labor inclusion.
- Generate quantitative information on ITC training and working conditions of disabled people. Provide an estimation of the number of potential teleworkers with disabilities.
- Generate qualitative information through observation and refer to actual teleworking cases involving people with disabilities in order to identify the use of ITC applicable to this kind of activity and detect how legislation and norms are applied in each country focusing the labor inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Divulge concepts, advances and results related to this research, and propose recommendations in accordance with the analysis of the specific aims one and two in relation to the different players: people with disabilities, trainers, contracting parties, OSC and governments.
Information and compilation
In order to find out whether in the Latin American countries included in this research exisist cultural, social, political and technological conditions to implement telework activities for the disabled, the research will look for responses to the questions detailed below.
The countries involved are in the following list:
- El Salvador
- Dominican Republic
Two different approaches will be used in the research: a macro social or quantitative one and a micro social or qualitative.
The macro-social approach will allow us to provide support to the theoretical premises of a somewhat general nature to portray the quantitative aspects of the research related to the specific aim number one.
The micro-social approach, on the other hand, will highlight the relative nature of its conclusions, because the interpretation of experiences, opinions and their meanings is essential, as they only are meaningful within certain and limited situations, referring to specific cases which will allow us to evidence the qualitative aspects.
This division will facilitate information analysis and will also allow us to synchronize both perspectives. If we just consider only one of these approaches, this might lead us to a fragmented view, because both approaches constitute an indivisible reality.
Qualitative data compilation will be carried out through computer software to be determined by the team, having the Atlas TI features.
Results of the research will be documented as follows:
Specific Objective Number One
- Report on scope of concepts and measuring instruments used when working with disabled populations.
- Report on legal situation highlighting aspects which hamper and/or promote teleworking in each country and ongoing draft legislation.
- Report on initiatives detected which aims to promote teleworking for the disabled.
- Listing of organizations detected which currently offer ITC training for the disabled people, including general information on their programs.
- Report on progress at the national level on technical support detected and facilities for acquisition/purchase.
- Numerical report on demographic and labor profile of people with disabilities.
- Situation Analysis Report on labor and disability.
- Report on trends relating variables allowing us to estimate the number of people considered to be potential teleworkers in each country.
Specific Objective Number Two
- Report on study on labor cases involving disabled teleworkers.
- Labor report on how actions and policies are concretized as regards the people interviewed.
- Report on current training and comparison with the teleworkers profile. Report on training required to engaged in teleworking.
- Report on experiences detected in the Public Sector.
- Report on teleworkers demands and estimations on future opportunities, in accordance with receptivity detected.
- Written report on opinions received in each country.
Specific Objective Number Three
- Accessible web page with information on telework and disability with the needs related to information which was detected. The web page will also contain:
- Information on accessible design,
- A glossary of terms on telework, disabilities and design.
- An accessible working platform for cooperative work at a distance will be included.
- Links to teleworking and disability sites.
- A volume on "Teletrained"
- A video on "Teletrained"
- Recommendations to facilitate the labor inclusion of the disabled people to teleworking activities will be drafted.
- A future vision focusing the inclusion of the disabled people through teleworking will be implemented, in accordance with the information and data compiled.